Advertising & Promotion Commission Rules
The City of West Memphis does not give up the right to stage any event.
The building shall not be available to the public on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Mother's Day
- Memorial Day
- Father's Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Any weekends connected to these holidays are also closed. Holidays and holiday weekends begin at 5 p.m. preceding a holiday and ends at 8 a.m. on the day after.
Fee Information & General Rules
- All Civic Center rental fees must be paid by cash, check or credit/debit only (No money orders). Non-profit and church organizations must make payment with a (Check only) from the church or organizations business account. Only Non-profit organizations physically located within the West Memphis city limits will receive the non-profit rates (with proper documentation).
- Any disturbances related to an event, being held at the Center that jeopardizes the safety of patrons may result in immediate termination of the event (without refund) and/or future denial of rentals.
- Booking Fee Is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in forfeiture of security deposit.
- Failure to vacate the rented area by the time specified on the contract shall result in a like charge.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on City property (No Exceptions).
- No business shall be allowed to profit from the use of the building.
- No church group shall hold regular services at the Civic Center.
- No event shall be allowed that would be deemed unsuitable, questionable or of an improper nature for the general public. The management reserves the right through its staff to eject any objectionable person or persons from the Center.
- No event shall take place without a signed contract and payment. No contract shall be entered into with a minor.
- No group shall be allowed to operate so as to be a disturbance to others meeting in the building.
- No gum allowed inside the Civic Center. No confetti allowed inside the Civic Center.
- No refreshments/snacks will be allowed out of specified meeting rooms.
- No smoking, burning or open flames allowed inside the Civic Center.
- No sporting events or practices shall be allowed.
- No weapons (except for security agents) will be allowed on the premises. The staff reserves the right to require metal detection devices to be used for any event. The Lessee will be responsible for making the necessary arrangements for this service with the proper officials if required.
- There must be absolutely nothing on Civic Center walls. All decorations must be free-standing or tabletop.
- Time changes on contracts should be made (2 weeks) prior to the event date to allow time for proper staffing.
- We reserve the right to ask any Lessee to provide security officers (at their expense). (Security will only be provided by the West Memphis Police Department (WMPD).
Additional Rules for Minors
- All events for minors (for example, Dances, Parties, Talent Shows, etc.) shall be over and Civic Center
- All trash is to be taken outside and placed in the dumpster by the lessee. Liners are provided in all trash receptacles in the building.
- Department. Non-negotiable. (Pricing for security is set by WPMD and is non-negotiable).
- Event Insurance must be purchased from an insurance agency and a copy (proof of coverage) must be attached to Civic Center contract.
- Mandatory Security - number of officers, rate, and timespan to be determined by the West Memphis Police
- No event (for example, Dances, Parties, Talent Shows, etc.) of persons under 21 will be allowed without the following required adult supervision:
- No minors will be allowed in the building unsupervised. This includes the time before and after meetings and events.
- No minors will be allowed to roam the halls or outdoors unsupervised.
- No sponsor should leave the center until all minors have been picked up. Please make prior arrangements to ensure that the building will be vacated in a timely fashion and that no minors will be left on premises unattended.
- Property vacated by 11 p.m.
- Two adult chaperones per every twenty-five minors in attendance.
Failure to comply with one or all of these rules, federal, state, or local laws may result in immediate termination of the event (without refund) and/or the denial of future rental requests.